DEGREES OF COMPARISON - ADVERBS
Степенуване на наречия
За степенуването на наречия важат същите правила,
както и за степенуването на прилагателни (виж Урок 7),
с общото правило за наречията, образувани с
наставката -ly - те образуват сравнителна и
превъзходна степен съответно с "more"и "most":
often - more often - most often
carefully - more carefully - most carefully
loudly - more loudly - most loudly
Изключение прави наречието early - earlier - erliest
Наречията, които образуват неправилна превъзходна и
сравнителна степен са:
well - better - best
badly - worse - worst
much - more - most
little - less - lest
Някои наречия с един и същи корен имат различни
значения и това трябва да се отчита при степенуването
hard - усилено hardly -едва
late - късно lately- напоследък
near - близо nearly- почти
short - късо shortly - скоро
А сега сравнете дадената информация:
temp: 5° C.
temp: 24° C.
Madrid is ................. than Amsterdam. (populated)
.............. people profess Catholicism in Amsterdam than
The weather in Amsterdam is ......... in the winter.
In the summer it's ............. in Madrid than in Amsterdam.
It's .............. in Madrid in comparison to the rainfall in
EXERCISES: І. Поставете правилната форма на
наречията, дадени в скоби:
1. The (much) you read, the (soon) you will prepare for the
2. Am I speaking loud enough or do I need to speak
3. Yesterday he came home (late) than usual.
4. She said she had been treated (badly) than any other
employee of the firm.
5. Rebecca sang far (well) than her sister.
6. We were far from the village, but he suggested that we
go still (far) saying that we will find a better place for our
7. We all ran pretty fast, but Sam ran (quickly) than I.
8. I like this painting (well) of all.
II. Изберете подходящото наречие от дадените в
1. He was (deep, deeply) moved by her words.
2. The tunnels of the Underground are dug (deep, deeply)
below the surface of the earth.
3. The idea seemed (high. highly) improbable to
4. The plane soared (high, highly) and we could (hard,
hardly) see it.
5. You will have to work (hard, hardly) to get everything
done as planned.
6. The mechanic (close, closely) examined the machine.
7. He approached me (closer, more closely) to hear what I
8. He was (near, nearly) run over by the car.
9. He lives quite (near, nearly).
10. I have seen very little of him (late, lately).
11. You've come too (late, lately).
12. The door was (wide, widely) open and I heard loud
noises coming from the inside of the house.
13. His books are (wide, widely) known all over the world.